According to the website of the APII, it will be held on 19 and 20 February 2020, the 2nd edition of the National Competition of Invention "C.N.Invention" & The 1st Salon of Mediterranean Inventors- Tunisia "S.I.M - Tunisia"
On this occasion, the Agency for the Promotion of Industry and Innovation (APII) organizes the 2nd edition of the National Competition of Invention & the 1st Salon of Mediterranean Inventors. Under the aegis of the Ministry of Industry and Small and Medium Enterprises, in partnership with the National Institute of Standardization and Industrial Property (INNORPI) and the National Agency for the Promotion of Scientific Research (ANPR), in collaboration with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MESRS) and the Tunisian Association of Inventors (ATI) in coordination with the Tunisian Industry, Trade and Crafts Union (UTICA),
The 1st Salon of Mediterranean Inventors: Stands that will be made available free of charge to Mediterranean inventors, wishing to present their invention and participate in the final selection of the winners of the 2nd edition of the National Invention Competition.
The 2nd edition of the National Competition of the Invention "C.N.Invention" & The 1st Salon of Mediterranean Inventors- Tunisia "S.I.M. - Tunisia" aim to:
- Promote and develop entrepreneurial culture among inventors and researchers;
- Strengthen cooperation and exchanges between countries of the Mediterranean regions;
- Boosting territorial mobility of inventors in Euro-Mediterranean countries;
- Highlight inventions that deserve to be commercialized;
- The relationship between the world of research and the industrial world;
- Provides an opportunity for the inventor to promote his invention;
- Direct contacts with manufacturers, manufacturers, developers, financiers, users and business visitors.
How to participate in the Competition and the first Mediterranean Inventors' Fair?
The APII website has put a link online to register and download the application file according to the category chosen via the competition website: http://www.tunisieindustrie.nat.tn/concoursinvention
The site details the procedure to follow in the section: "File your file". It also allows you to access the rules of the competition and the 1st Salon of Mediterranean Inventors.
How do you know if this is an invention or not?
The APII website defines invention as "a technical solution to a technical problem. Patents shall be granted for new inventions involving an inventive step which may be of industrial application."
However, certain elements are not taken as an invention, even if the previous conditions are met. Note:
- purely ornamental (decorative) creations;
- scientific discoveries and theories, as well as mathematical methods;
- plans, principles and methods in the pursuit of intellectual, gambling or economic activities, and in the field of software;
- Information presentations
- methods of therapeutic and surgical treatment of the human body or animal;
- all kinds of living substances that exist in nature.
- The patent may not also be granted for:
- plant varieties, animal breeds or essentially biological processes for the production of plants or animals.
- Inventions whose publication or implementation would be contrary to morality, public order, public health or environmental protection.
To whom is the contest open?
After having submitted his or her application, any natural or legal person presenting an invention under the following conditions:
- for local candidates, with or without a patent;
- for foreign applicants, a patent must be held.
regardless of the sector of activity
And the following categories of applications:
Category 1: "Independent local inventor":
Any natural person of Tunisian nationality resident or not in Tunisia, whether or not having a patent.
Category 2: "Institutional local inventor":
Any company and/or public or private establishment active in Tunisia (regardless of the sector of activity), by name represented by one of its managers and any team represented by its public or private body, whether or not having a patent.
Category 3: "Foreign inventor":
Any natural person of foreign nationality resident in the Mediterranean countries and any active public or private enterprise and/or establishment established in the Mediterranean countries and holding a patent of invention.
How can I get more information?
APII CSCE Center for Support to the Creation of Enterprises at (216) 71 781 256 or one of the Regional Directorates.
N.B.: Effective December 24, 2019, online questions will no longer be accepted.